For extreme demands on counting accuracy
IRMA 3D makes use of an innovative, entirely new detection method: Pulses of laser light are sent out in quick succession using the invisible IR range. These are reflected by objects and detected by the sensor. The distance to the object is then calculated by taking the period of time between transmission and reception of the light pulse. In this manner, the system generates a 3D-image of the door space, so that individual persons may be detected even in tightly packed crowds.
This allows IRMA 3D to reliably distinguish people from other objects and even allows the determination of body height. Raw data accuracy is guaranteed to be at least 96% regardless of any environmental conditions. In addition to statistical controls, IRMA 3D also allows for absolute control of transit service performance, i.e. reconciliation between revenues from fares with the number of passengers (revenue control) is also possible.
Due to the completely closed housing with its smooth surface, the IRMA 3D sensor fits perfectly well into the elegant interior of modern vehicles. The sensor data bus allows for a modular and flexible systems design with only a small number of components.
- High-resolution IR laser 3D sensor
- Recognition of the direction of movement (entering and exiting passengers)
- Recognition and grouping of the size of persons
- Distinction between people and other objects
- Support of standard systems interfaces (IBIS, RS232, RS485) for connection to existing telematics systems (on-board computer, ticket printer)
- Combined use with GLORIA radio data transmission module
- Easy unobtrusive installation within the vehicle without adjustments
- Closed surface, face plate available in various colors and materials
- Connection of up to 8 sensors to one analyzer (for a maximum of 4 wide doors)
- Counting of passengers in vehicles with extreme demands on counting accuracy (guaranteed counting accuracy of 96%)
- Distribution of revenues
- Revenue control
- Line service profitability
- Monitoring of transit service performance
|Technical Data Sheets - PDF for Download|