Reliable counting, robust engineering, low system price
IRMA basic passenger counting system is a low cost entry into passenger counting operations. IRMA basic delivers a continuous and reliable stream of high-quality counting data for applications such as statistical measurement and distribution of revenues or the determination and control of transit system performance (passenger kilometres, pkm).
Discreet and unobtrusive, sensors monitor the door space while permanently sending out IR light pulses, which are reflected by any passengers present and detected again by the sensors.
The user can choose between two system architectures: IRMA Basic and Basic CAN. The alternatively available M12 cabling minimizes wiring in vehicles.
- Highly sensitive active IR detector
- Recognition of the direction of movement (boarding and alighting passengers)
- Support of standard systems interfaces (IBIS, RS232, RS485, J1708) for connection to existing telematics systems (on-board computer, ticket printer) and CAN
- Easy unobtrusive installation within the vehicle
- Optionally, M12-CAN cabling can be provided for simple cabling scheme in multiple-door vehicles (recommended for vehicles with more than two doors)
- Connection of up to 4 reaspectively 8 sensors to one analyzer (for a maximum of 4 wide doors)
- Counting of passengers in vehicles with standard requirements regarding counting accuracy
- Distribution of revenues (with downstream statistics)
- Line service profitability
- Monitoring of transit service performance
- Statistical checks on revenue