What is a project at iris-GmbH?
We consider a project to be any internal process, e.g.
- the processing of orders (clearing up of open questions, supply of hardware, installation in vehicles etc.)
- systems installation for testing purposes at customer sites in order to exemplify the workings of the IRMA passenger counting system
- execution of calibration counts at customer sites by iris staff in order to verify counting accuracy
- repair or replacement of faulty equipment.
How is project administration handled at iris-GmbH?
Projects are processed or archived by customer number, order number and date. Therefore, accessing data of completed projects is easy and pertinent queries may be answered readily.
We make great efforts, not only to complete orders in time, but also to clear up any technical issues before hardware is even supplied.
Orders almost always come with information on the hardware to be supplied, but little or no information concerning the vehicles to be fitted.
Since software is also required for start-up operation of the IRMA passenger counting system, information is needed regarding the specific vehicles used.
Information regarding the on-board computer, such as for example
- hardware interface (IBIS, RS-485, J1708, …)
- communications protocol (IBIS, …), baud rate
Information regarding the vehicles, such as for example
- number of doors
- width of doors (narrow: up to 80 cm; wide: more than 80 cm in width)
- door sensor data
- may sensors be installed in a vehicle directly or do they require additional brackets?
Once all this information has been gathered, hardware shipments may be arranged accordingly in order facilitate quick and easy installation on site.
How is order processing handled at iris-GmbH?
Following receipt of an order a new project is started in the “service & sales” section, incorporating any activities required for the processing of that order.
These basically include:
- clearing up of open questions
- getting the required hardware ready
- selection of required software (procurement of software as needed)
- analyzer configuration (software installation and configuration settings for all analyzers)
- hardware packaging for shipment
- hardware delivery
- installation of the IRMA passenger counting system at the customer site.
What kind of services do we provide during vehicle installation?
The specific scope of work of any iris technician is described in an attachment provided with every price quotation.
Basically our service technicians can provide the following services
- mechanical hardware installation inclusive of any required preparatory work
- electrical hardware installation up to well defined transfer points
- checking on communications between IRMA and the on-board computer
- instructions provided to repair shop or transit authority staff concerning IRMA functions
- execution of a test drive in actual line service when installation is complete.
The test drive serves the purpose of checking installation and proper functioning of IRMA and provides data, as required, for subsequent analyzer software optimization.
Are there any reference projects with IRMA on trains?
Proven IRMA installations are not limited to busses, but cover trains as well. Should you require any further information regarding this subject, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our sales section
Repair of faulty equipment
Provided that it is economically justifiable, we will repair faulty equipment within 4 weeks at most.
In case that repair cannot be carried out in time, we will provide timely replacements. Upon customer request, we will also provide replacements, if a customer – for whatever reasons – cannot wait until equipment is repaired.
What about trouble shooting?
If we are informed by our customers of problems encountered with the IRMA passenger counting system, we are prepared to assist in trouble shooting anytime.
In order to facilitate efficient trouble shooting, you are requested to submit information on the vehicles concerned and a detailed description of the problem.
Service Software – Error message “Unsupported configuration data versions”
When the error message “Unsupported configuration data versions” appears while using IRMA-A21-Windows, it means this service software is not compatible with the existing analyzer software. In this case, the version of IRMA-A21-Windows is out of date and it is necessary to use the most current version.